The changing scope of technology delivers more opportunity and often times, confusion. Video within a website is perhaps the single most important component. According to 25 Amazing Video Marketing Statistics, 80% of internet users remember the video ads they watch, which means video advertising is even more relevant. So, what about business? Attracting, retaining, and training talent is largely becoming the cornerstone of business operations, and the integral piece to making and saving money. What is the best form of advertising for people? With other people. Video integration into a digital marketing strategy affords anyone the ability to attract and retain higher level talent. In my opinion, a well-produced, team-building exercise could be a recruiters best tool. Try it, and should you need ideas or strategy, we are happy to help!
We offer social media maintenance because it’s what people need, but it’s certainly easy enough to maintain yourself with a few hours per week. I found this great article “13 Tools to Simplify your Social Media Marketing” to share with you today. Social Media maintenance is possible for you, here’s how:
- Make it personal. Research indicates that people want to know about people (hello, Facebook). Promote a co-workers birthday, new baby announcement, or promotion at least 2x per month. Do it personally – and use some of the tools to keep it organized.
- Give good information, tailored to your audience: If you’re a financial broker, but your Facebook/Twitter audience is comprised of people who follow you for you — share some of your opinions about the challenges you or your organization faces – weekly.
- Reach people where they hang: Make it part of your customer service process to find out where your customers, friends, and anyone in your circle, hangs out online (and offline). Take notes of patterns and commonalities in your demographic, and speak on those platforms about the topics they enjoy.
- It’s about you, but it’s not: In general, people care about you, but care more about their personal opinion about you. Go with what they know about you rather than reinventing the wheel. It will confuse them, and they’d probably rather follow someone more predictable.
- To manage your networks on your own, use HooteSuite Publisher to make your life easy.
- If you’re blogging: write the blog, (with pictures/video, THEN post to your social network(s).
- If you’re into video-blogging: Start by getting people used to your face with little clips here and there: See our friend Larry Cooke, below.
Have a Happy Easter – Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
Here, at Lake Labs we specialize in digital communications strategy. An often overlooked aspect of our new digital world is how we use technology to save time in the hiring process. It seemed to me that if a camera and an internet connection is available, it should be used to the best of its ability. As a former recruiter, this was my life; interviewing, presenting, hiring, and firing. A web-cam and digital media would have made life very easy.
However, the skills gained from a trained listening ear, (pauses, breathing, creaks in the chair, voice variances) are irreplaceable to understanding people, and what they’re “not” saying …. unless you’re my husband who is now used to the continual analysis of non-verbal behavior over the phone.
Nonetheless, digital interviewing exists, and is spreading like wild-fire. Lake Labs teamed up with the leader in the industry, HireVue, to get an inside perspective of how this platform is shaving countless hours of interviewing time, and taking the dreaded hiring process to a new level. Take a look at their humble beginnings, and think about how you can make things easier for yourself with this technology, or a home-brewed solution for small business (we can help with that).
Why Do Videos Go Viral?
Kevin Allocca is YouTube’s trends manager, and he has deep thoughts about silly web video. In this talk from TEDYouth, he shares the 4 reasons a video goes viral. (This is the first talk posted from an amazing TEDYouth event. Many others will come on line next month as part of the TED-Ed launch.)
“In a world where over two days of video get uploaded every minute, only that which is truly unique and unexpected can stand out in the way that [viral videos] have.” – Kevin Allocca
Here are a couple of our recent favorites…
Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus (Over 24 Million Hits)
A Pep Talk From Kid President (Over 10 Million Hits)