It starts with an IDEA!
FIRST THINGS FIRST: Q&A
Before moving down the development path, you need to ask yourself some important questions:
- What is your value proposition? What need does your project serve and will customers be willing to pay to have that need fulfilled?
- How big is the potential market for your mobile app?
- How will the app make money?
- What are the initial and ongoing costs?
- What is your marketing plan?
- What is the current competition and what is the competition likely to be?
If you have a compelling mobile app idea with a defined value proposition, a profitable potential market, reasonable development or operating costs, and a solid marketing plan, you may realize your dream project – and it will almost certainly be worth the effort. THE GOOD NEWS IS… WE CAN HELP!
NEXT STEP: Map It Out
Before investing time and resources into development, you’ll need to take your idea and figure out exactly how you want it to work. The easiest way to do this is to pretend you’re using your app on an iphone, and page-by-page make note of what you want to see and where you want each page to go (also called wire-framing). If it’s a game, think about exactly what you want to see or would want to do. Instead of making a list, you can easily organize all of this in a bubble diagram.
Now, know that even though you mapped it out your way, your app may not be able to perform exactly how you had wished. So no, a laser beam will not be able to shoot out the end of the iPhone, so you can forget about that. However, just map out exactly how you want it, and your developer will be able to tell you whether something you had asked for is not possible on the iPhone.